Building your online business using Facebook is unlimited. Because it gives you access to millions of people who might be interested in what you have to offer. Some of the basic strategies are:
- Set Up Your Account – It allows you to keep your personal life from your business life separate. In addition, it gives you more options for growth.
- Create Your Fan Page – The fan page keeps you in close contact with people who may be current customers or potential customer. While being able to share “interesting content” with them, promoting your products and getting to know your “target” market on a more personal level.
- Next Add a “like” Button to Your Website – Once you create a fan page you will be able to add a “like” button on your website. This will give everyone going to your website to help give you a “thumbs up.” And every “like” will go out to that persons network, helps you move up higher in search engine results and future leads to more traffic and sales.
- Generate Your Fan Base – With your new account you can actively seek out your “target market” and also add them as “friends.” Because “Fans” are only associated with your fan page but “friends” are associated with your account (limit of 5,000 friends). This is a great way to seek out people who might be interested in your products, content, or your fan page. In addition, another way to reach out to your “target market” is to join relevant “groups.”By commenting on their post, talking to other people in the group and occasionally telling them about your own fan page.
- Creating Your “Vanity” URL – When you first create a fan page, the URL for the page will be full of number and letters). But when you get 25 fans on your Facebook Fan page, they allows you to create you own URL. For example the vanity URL would be: facebook.com/growingmature01 instead of: facebook.com/pages/growing-mature/2332432234. In order to get your 25 fans, try asking family and friends and telling them you need 25 fans in order to get your own URL.
- You must provide Good Content – Once everything is set up, it is time to start growing your fan page and posting content. As mention previous in a post, remember to treat this like a “party.” Make sure you think of ways to add “value,” to your post in order to make your fan page “interesting” and “enjoyable.” (Questions to ask yourself: “How can I serve?” “How can I add value to their lives?” “How can I help them?”)
What to Post on your fan page?
- Make sure you post on your fan page at least 2-3 times per week
- Links to great Information sections
- Post quality link from other websites
- Show new products that may be linked to your niche
- Show them How-to-information
- Teach them how to do something related to your niche
Talk about discounts on your products. Promoting only Facebook discounts to get them excited. And don’t be afraid to link to other website offering great deals. Remember, this is a “party” setting and complimenting other people at the party is considered “classy.”
Try having many contests to get people involved and excited about your company. Promote your contests on other pages and website in order to create some “buzz.”
7. You can start Your Own Group – This is a way to create a stronger community that allows your group members to interact with one another.
8. How to “Monetize” Facebook – This is a easy process if you keep 3 principles of Social Media in mind: (1) focus on adding value, (2) treat it like a party and (3)remember the Golden rule (treat others as you would want to be treated), then you can promote your periodically and that will natural.
others as you would want to be treated) then promoting your products periodically will be just natural.
9. Automating Your Facebook – There are a few ways you can automate your Facebook posting that can help you spend less time while providing a “high” value. First, you can have your blog posted automatically to Facebook when they are published. Secondly your YouTube videos posted to Facebook automatically. You can also integrate with other services using Facebook apps like Twitter and blop.tv.
10. Important: always add value – The potential for connecting with your customers is enormous. Facebook offers a chance to build a large customer base, a strong community and much more.